- 75g pancetta or streky bacon, finely diced
- 2 tsps grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped 250g pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 tsps fresh thyme, picked leaves only
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric, finely grated salt and pepper
- 100g red split lentils
- 500ml organic vegetable or chicken bone broth
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 15g parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp creÌ€me fraiÌ‚che, optional
- Put the pancetta and 1 tsp of the oil into a heavy-bottomed saucepan and toss over a gentle heat until turning golden brown and crispy.
- Next, add the remaining 1 tsp of oil, butter, onion, garlic, carrot, celery, pumpkin, thyme, bay leaves, turmeric and seasoning. SauteÌ for 1-2 minutes before adding 2 tsps of water and returning the lid to the pan. Turn the heat to down and gently sweat for 15 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin is just beginning to soften, add the lentils, stock, and apple cider vinegar and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the lentils are cooked and all of the ingredients have softened.
- Just before serving, stir through the fresh lemon juice and parsley, adding the creÌ€me fraiÌ‚che for a little creaminess should you wish.
Download the eBook full of their delicious recipes here