Oven 190?C/Fan 170?/375?F/Gas 5
- 300g sugar
- 300g butter
- 4 eggs
- 50g cocoa
- 300g Self Raising Flour Free From Gluten
- 175ml milk
- 2tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in two eggs one at a time (or chickpea + water), followed by the cocoa.
3. Add the remaining eggs one at a time.
4. Stir in half the flour, then the milk and vanilla.
5. Beat in the remaining flour.
6. Divide the mixture between three parchment-lined 20cm/8″ round cake tins.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30/35 minutes.
- 250g butter
- 300g icing sugar
1. Beat the butter until light and fluffy, beat in the icing sugar.
2. Divide the mixture between the top of two cold cakes and spread it evenly. Place one sponge on top of the other.
3. Place the final last sponge on top.
- 200g double cream
- 200g milk chocolate
- 25g mini marshmallows
- 1tsp cocoa
1. Heat the cream until almost boiling, remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate.
2. Allow the mix to cool for 5 minutes then spread it over the top and sides of the cake.
3. Scatter marshmallows over the cake and dust lightly with cocoa.
Free From ingredient swaps
- vegan butter
- mix together 4tbsp chickpea flour + 8tbsp water
- vegan milk
- vegan cream
- dairy free chocolate
- vegan marshmallows