Preparation time: 40 minutes plus cooling and chilling
- Dr. Oetker Baking Cases
- 115g (4oz) Digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 65g (2 ½ oz) Butter or margarine, melted
- 150g (5oz) Fresh strawberries, washed
- 1 sachet (5g) Dr. Oetker Free Range Egg White Powder
- 50g (2oz) Caster sugar
- 150g (5oz) Full fat soft cheese
- 3 sheets Dr. Oetker Platinum Grade Leaf Gelatine
- Dr. Oetker Bright Red Gel Food Colour
- 150ml (1/4pt) Whipping cream
- 100g (3 ½ oz) Strawberry jam, sieved
- 1 Bag of Dr. Oetker Heart Marshmallows
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with Baking Cases. Put the crushed biscuits in a bowl.
- Stir the melted butter or margarine into the biscuits until well coated. Divide the mixture equally between the cases and press down in an even layer to make a smooth base. Chill until required.
- For the filling, remove the green stems from the strawberries, roughly chop the fruit and blend in a food processor for a few seconds until smooth. Spoon 30ml (2 tbsp) into a small bowl, cover and chill until required for decoration.
- Make up the Egg White Powder according to the pack instructions and whisk until stiff. Gradually whisk in the sugar to make a thick, glossy meringue. In another bowl, beat the soft cheese until smooth.
- Put the Leaf Gelatine in a shallow bowl and cover with cold water. Leave to soak for 5 minutes then drain and squeeze out the excess water. Place the gelatine in a small bowl and spoon over 45ml (3 tbsp) very hot water. Mix well until thoroughly dissolved. Stir into the remaining strawberry purée.
- Using a spatula, scrape the meringue on to the soft cheese and carefully mix them together. Gradually and gently, mix in the strawberry purée until well blended.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the biscuit bases to fill the cases. Chill for at least 1 hour until set.
- To decorate, carefully peel away the cases and put the marshmallow bites on a serving plate. Whip the cream until softly peaking and load into a piping bag fitted with a large closed star nozzle. Pipe a swirl on top of each. Mix the reserved strawberry purée with the jam and drizzle a little over each cheesecake. Top with a Heart Marshmallow to serve. Serve any remaining sauce as an accompaniment.
These super light and airy treats are best served within 30 minutes of decorating. They can be prepared a day in advance and kept in fridge until ready to decorate. If you do want to store them once they are decorated you can put them in the fridge. Just avoid putting the Heart Marshmallows on top as these will start to dissolve in the fridge. Don’t forget to pop them on top just before serving though!
Recipe by Dr. Oetker