Children’s birthday parties are big business these days, and if you’re stuck for inspiration, look no further then R.S. Currie & Co’s top ten list of recommended ultimate party venues in London.
1. R.S.Currie & Co is home to one of London’s top party venues! Based on Westbourne Grove, The Secret House is hidden away at the back of the shop from the treasures of toy’s, clothes and books. This venue is both endearing, welcoming and extremely popular for mums and dads who want their children to be apart of a magical wonderland!
2. Home House prides itself on their luxurious 17th century style drawing rooms which are ideal for Around the World and Hot Air balloon parties! Or if you fancy being outside in the private garden you can hire the marquee which is fantastic for dancing and music, a must-have at every child’s birthday.
3. Dover Street Arts Club is another exclusive members only venue filled with beautiful art work and extravagant interiors! Perfect for an Alice in Wonderland or general tea party!
4. The LookOut at Hyde Park is a perfect location for larger parties all year round as it offers inside and outside area’s for children to play in as well as lots of scenic landscape and views over the park of London.
5. Bumpkin Chelsea offers a very sweet and secluded outside garden area sheltered by a canopy with outside heaters for when London is having cold spells in winter. However, The garden is full of pretty flowers and foliage all year round, making it also perfect for a secret garden or summer party.
6. Aubaine in Marylebone boasts a generous and open space upstairs away from the restaurant with large window’s and a trendy warehouse style ceiling making it perfect to suspend fun decorations and lots of bunting.
7. Itsu in Notting Hill has a very special secluded upstairs space called the Butterfly room which is full of colour and quirky interiors making for a fun filled birthday extravaganza in all seasons.
8. The Electric Cinema has been home to many parties over the years for all ages! The cinema is one of London’s finest and is great for any number of children and accommodates more than just the film.
9. Beaufort House is set in Chelsea which is a perfect venue for mums and dads working West and has multiple floors and rooms to hire.
10. Westbourne Grove Church offers two floors of large party space fit for large numbers and ideal for lots of decoration and high energy entertainment.
By Tom Russell, owner of RS Currie, toyshop and party organisers.