If you’re looking to make pancakes with your little ones this afternoon, why not try this colourful recipe?
For the Pancakes
- 115g plain flour
- pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp (1 sachet) Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 100ml whole milk
- 100g Dr. Oetker Unicorn Chips
- 10ml vegetable oil
For the Marshmallow Sauce
- 100g Dr. Oetker Heart Marshmallows
- 100ml double cream
- Sift the flour, salt, Baking Powder and sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the egg and milk and gradually whisk into the dry ingredients until well blended. Stir in the Unicorn Chips.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan or griddle pan, add some of the oil and allow to heat, then drop 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan to make each pancake.
- Cook over a medium heat until bubbles appear, this takes about 2 minutes. Flip the pancake over with a slice or palette knife to cook the other side until it is golden brown.
- Lift pancakes onto a cooling rack that is covered with kitchen towel and place more kitchen towel lightly on the top. Cook all the pancake batter and if necessary add more oil to the pan.
For the Marshmallow Sauce:
- In a saucepan gently melt the Heart Marshmallows with the cream. The sauce will thicken slightly as it cools. It can be reheated gently if needs be.
Recipe from Dr. Oetker