It’s fast approaching that time of year again. Billed as the most romantic day of the year, Valentine’s Day is more often than not a day fraught with stress and unattainable expectations!
A day we cynically label as ‘mindless commercialisation’ but secretly hope will result in receiving something FABULOUS. Fear not – we’ve compiled a list of desirable goodies to help you avoid the overpriced gender-stereotyped pitfalls!
1. Show them they are the apple of your eye with this gorgeous Apple Candle in Red. L and Co £80.00
2. Add an individual and quirky touch to your living space with this handmade wooden light box with four interchangeable perspex sheets, one of which is left blank for you to customise. Seletti £85.00
3. Commission a portrait of your ‘special place’, be it your own home or your wedding venue. Letterfest from £40
4. Show how on trend you are with this multi-function cross body bag in soft leather with gold metal finishes. Personalise and make it even more special by having your initials monogrammed. Aurora Living. From £59.50
5. Come and say how you truly feel with this Victorian style LUST Pillow. Jonathan Adler £125.00.
6. Have family members, friends or pets uniquely designed as cufflinks. Individually modelled, the cufflinks are worn as side profiles on each cuff. When not in use, the cufflinks cleverly combine forming a miniature bust. Eleven Forty Co. From £350.
7. Bespoke Vintage Playing Cards. A unique personalised frame containing vintage cards sourced form a 1930s spelling game. The cards are double mounted with cream and black into a stylish black wood box frame. Vintage Playing Cards. From £55.00
8. Birthstone Bracelet. This stunning piece of wrist candy features a 925 hallmarked sterling silver disc with a semi-precious cabochon cut stone at its centre. Choose the stone to go with your birth month or one based on the properties it bestows on the wearer. Aurora Living £39.50.
9. For book lovers, Daunt Book’s Paperback fiction subscription is just perfect. Every month for a year a new book will arrive at their door, chosen especially to meet their personal taste in books, whether it be literary fiction, Scandinavian crime thrillers or gripping historical dramas. Daunt Books. Form £164.00.
10. Engraved Carving Boards. For meat lovers and carving aficionados, why not gift a bepoke carving boards, all hand crafted from prime English or European full-length stave oak, engraved to your exact requirements. Oak and Personal. From £95.00.
Article by Aurora Living – Quality Bispoke Gifts and Lifestyle Wares.