I’m a huge fan of Buzz Feed and spent an hour reading their piece on the best children’s stores around the globe. I’ve picked my favourite 10 and hope you enjoy.
1. Hamleys in London England. This is known as the largest toy store in the world, even the staff are in on the fun performing magic tricks and demonstrations of the toys.
2. Kiddyland in Tokyo, Japan. A lot of the stuff for sale in this shop is not available in places like Toy’s ‘R’ Us, its toys, stuffed animal and trinkets that reflect the Japanese sensibility in a remarkable way.
3. Playthings Etc. in Butler, Pennsylvania. In this self proclaimed ‘world’s coolest toy store’ you can experience toys that are out of this world for all ages. The building looks amazing too.
4. Kid’s Cavern in Tapei, Macau. This toy store is stunningly set out and holds a massive selection of various different toys and sweets.
5. Toys “R” Us at Times Square in New York. This is the biggest Toys “R” Us in the world. Its even has a life sized Barbie Doll house!
6. Wooden Heart in Galway, Ireland. Wooden Heart is a family run business that supplies ethical, safe and high quality wooden toys- that are more fun than anything with batteries.
7. Legoland Discovery Centre in Berlin, Germany.
8. Yodobashi Camera in Shinjuku, Japan. Yodobashi Camera has a massive selection of cool toys in capsules.
9. FAO Schwartz in New York. This 150 year old New York institution is well known for its massive piano featured in the film Big, staring Tom Hanks.
10. Barbie Dreamhouse Experience in Berlin, Germany. This amazing experience lets your kids tour Barbie’s home.