1. Listen when they talk.
2. Let them express their feelings, and validate them.
3. Point out their strengths with compliments.
4. Avoid screen-time excess.
5. Teach them to pay attention to other’s feelings.
6. Encourage their friendships with other great kids.
7. Let them have some ‘do-nothing playtime’ every day.
8. Eat dinner as a family. (If you can’t, then do breakfast.)
9 . Let your happiness show.
10. Tell them you love them – often.
Elizabeth Pantley, author of the No-Cry Solution book series for parents.