A friend of mine from school sent this awesome piece over from BuzzFeed, which is filled with 29 ideas that are pretty genius. Scroll down to check it out or hop over to BuzzFeed. My favourite by far has to be number one, which is freezing aloe vera in ice cube trays to cool sunburn.
1. Freeze aloe vera in ice-cube trays to instantly cool sunburns.
2. Make an instant beach-safe diaper decoy: Buy a diaper and insert your valuables. Roll it up to look used and BAM! Never have anything stolen from the beach again.
3. Create an easy DIY breakfast station for kiddos on summer mornings.
4. Keep baby powder on hand to remove damp sand from feet at the end of a long beach day.
5. Blow up a kiddie pool to keep blankets dry while watching fireworks or stargazing.
6. Make drip-free ice pops at home by adding gelatin to the mix.
7. Alternately, use a cupcake liner to keep dripping ice pops contained.
8. You can also use them to keep your drinks bug-free!
9. Equally clever? Make your own spill-proof cup out of Press n’ Seal.
10. Get a thrift-store sheet and turn it into an outdoor canvas!
11. Use a shoe sorter to keep summer essentials organised in your trunk.
12. Build this poolside drying rack.
13. Add magnets to drinking cups so kiddos can keep themselves hydrated on hot days.
14. Turn your deck in to a giant game board.
15. Make giant bubbles!
16. Keep the fun flowing with a bubble refill station.
17. Fill your cooler with frozen balloons to prevent a meltdown.
18. Make your own DIY sundial, and watch time slow down.
19. Wash sand and dirt out of toy crannies in the dishwasher.
20. Use empty wipe containers to carry toys, food, games, and craft supplies on the go.
21. Egg cartons can be used to tote fruit that bruises easily.
22. Beat boredom with pre-labeled “activity sticks.”
23. Apple cider vinegar can calm itchy mosquito bites.
24. Easily create your own soap-boat racetrack.
25. Convert a bead container to a customisable snack storage container.
26. Use old candy tins to make your own magnetic travel games.
27. Muffin tins make great condiment service dishes.
28. Keep your kiddo’s suitcase under control by separating clothes by day.
29. Bring a fitted sheet to the beach and say goodbye to sandy blankets.