- 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Natural (not Dutch processed) cocoa powder
- 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In the microwave, nuke the semi-sweet chocolate chips until just barely melted, stirring to melt the last few chips. Set aside to come to room temperature.
- Cream the butter with the sugar and molasses until lightened and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and cream again.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Stir into the butter mixture just until all the flour is incorporated (the dough will be pretty tough). Stir in the milk chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 8 minutes, then leave on the parchment to cool at least 10 minutes before eating.
BBC’s Good Food Vintage Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 150g salted butter, softened
- 80g light brown muscovado sugar
- 80g granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 225g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200g plain chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Put the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat until creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg. Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt over the mixture and mix in with a wooden spoon. Add the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Using a teaspoon, place small mounds of the mixture well apart on the baking trays. Bake in the oven for 8-10 mins until light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the centre.
- Leave on the tray for a couple of minutes to firm up and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Smitten Kitchen’s Crispy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
3. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time (for giant cookies) or a tablespoon at a time (for smaller cookies) onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
5. Bake larger cookies for 15 to 17 minutes, or 10 to 12 minutes for smaller ones (check your cookies before they’re done; depending on your scoop size, your baking time will vary) in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Baking Inspiration’s Chocolate Biscuits Recipe
Serves 6 – 8
- 100g McDougalls Self Raising Flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g butter
- Vanilla essence to taste
- ½ quantity chocolate buttercream
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to fan 170°C, conventional 190°C, gas 5.
- Grease a baking tray.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a small bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric whisk, cream sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour and cocoa to form stiff paste, add vanilla essence to taste.
- Roll the mixture into 16 balls the size of a walnut and place on a baking tray. Flatten the balls with a fork dipped in cold water and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- When the biscuits are cold, sandwich together with buttercream and dust with icing sugar.
Martha Stewart’s Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.