Ella’s Kitchen has kindly given us a sneak-peek into their latest cookbook. Enjoy!
We love these simple crumbles. Cut the apples in half, top them with crumble and bake them just as they are. Virtually instant deliciousness!
What you need:
- 2 eating apples, halved
For the crumble mix:
- 40 g/1 ½ oz plain flour
- 30 g/1 oz chilled unsalted
- butter, cubed, plus extra
- for greasing
- 1 ripe banana, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds,
- finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons porridge oats
What to do:
1.Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
To make the crumble mix, place the flour in a bowl, add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in the banana, cinnamon, seeds and oats.
2. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the core from each apple half. Rub a little butter over the top of each half and sprinkle the crumble mixture over. Place the apples in a small roasting tin, packing them tightly together, and add 1 tablespoon of water to the tin. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the apples are tender and the crumble is crisp.
Ella’s Kitchen: The First Foods Book is published by Hamlyn, £14.99.