This easy mac n’ cheese is lovely for the holidays; it reminds kids of comfort food but it’s loaded with fibre and antioxidants along with healthy fats and nutrients and Omega 3 fatty acids in ground flax seeds and avocados!
- 10 oz. gluten-free pasta
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. dairy-free butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 (15.5 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups GO Veggie! Mexican Cheese Shreds
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Barlean’s ground flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp. GO Veggie! Parmesan Cheese
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot; add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine avocado, sea salt and pepper; pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Place butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add almond milk, white beans and cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Add cooked pasta, crushed red pepper and avocado sauce; mix well to combine.
- Serve warm with ground flax seeds and Parmesan Cheese on top.
Amie Valpone, Editor-in-Chief
The Healthy Apple