Food / 12 July, 2023 / My Baba
Apricot And Raspberry Clafoutis
Indulge in the delightful combination of sweet apricots and tangy raspberries with our luscious Apricot and Raspberry Clafoutis French pud recipe. Originally crafted with cherries, this recipe now showcases the luscious combination of sweet apricots and tangy raspberries. When baked to perfection, the succulent fruits are lovingly enveloped in a delicate batter that magically transforms into a heavenly, golden puff. To elevate this summer delicacy, serve it warm alongside a generous scoop of ice cream, creating a truly irresistible treat. Yum!
Apricot And Raspberry Clafoutis recipe
- 50g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 375g apricots (about 11 fruits), halved and stoned
- 100g caster sugar, plus 1 tsp
- 3 large eggs
- 100g plain flour, sifted
- 150g raspberries
- icing sugar, for dusting (optional)
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Grease a 24cm quiche dish (not loose bottomed) or round baking dish.
- Melt half the butter in a frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add the apricots and sprinkle over 1 tsp caster sugar. Cook for 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally, until softened slightly and beginning to turn golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Melt the remaining butter in a microwave or small saucepan. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the 100g caster sugar until light and frothy. Fold in the flour with a metal spoon, then gently stir through the melted butter. Scatter approximately half of the apricots and all of the raspberries over the base of the baking dish. Evenly pour the batter over the fruit, then add the remaining apricots, cut-side up, pressing into the batter at various angles.
- Bake for 30 mins until golden, set and puffed up. Serve warm with a dusting of icing sugar, if using, and vanilla ice cream or whipped cream,if you like.
Recipe from Tesco
Good Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake Recipes
Greek Salad Nachos