A really delicious curry with lovely meaty aubergines and silky baby spinach. Lovely with some plain boiled rice or with The Spice Tailor Onion Naan.
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 3 baby Japanese aubergines or 1 small normal one, washed
- 1 packet The Spice Tailor Keralan Coconut Curry
- 1 large handful of baby spinach, wash
- Slice the small aubergines into 1 ½ cm rounds. If you are using large aubergines, slice crosswise into 2 or 3 pieces and cut these into wedges so that each piece has some skin, this will help it stay together. Heat the oil in a small non-stick saucepan and add the spices from the spice packet, including the chilli if you like the heat. Once the seeds are popping, add the aubergines with a little seasoning. Stir well in the oil, turn the heat down, cover and cook until the aubergines are soft, around 15 minutes.
- Add the sauce and spinach and bring to a boil. If the sauce still looks thick, add a splash of hot water. Bring back to the boil and serve.
Recipe by The Spice Tailor