Food / 27 September, 2021 / My Baba
How To Make Baby’s Baked Potatoes From Ella’s Kitchen
Wondering how to make delicious jacket potatoes your weaning baby can enjoy? Ella’s Kitchen recipe for baby’s baked potatoes is taken from The First Foods Book.
What you will need:
- 2 small potatoes (about
- 115 g/4 oz each), scrubbed
- Filling (see below) and favourite
- vegetables, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Place a skewer through each potato to speed up the cooking time, then bake in the oven for about 1 hour or until cooked through.
- When the potatoes are ready, cut each one in half, then scoop the flesh into a bowl. Add your chosen filling and mash together. Serve with favourite veg.
Three ways with baked + scooped potatoes
Baked potatoes make such an easy and nutritious teatime favourite. Our clever fillings are simple to put together, then all mashed in with the creamy potato flesh and served in a bowl. Little ones can’t manage the potato skins until after 12 months – so, nibble them as your own tasty snack at baby’s teatime instead!
Tuna, cheese + chive filling
- 3 tablespoons drained canned tuna chunks in spring water
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 Mash the tuna in a bowl and mix in the cream cheese, yogurt and chives
Pea pesto filling
- 100 g/3 ½ oz frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons red or green pesto
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 10 g/ ¼ oz Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Steam or boil the peas in a saucepan over a medium heat for 3 minutes until tender.
- Puree the peas with the pesto, oil, cheese and 1 tablespoon of boiled water in a food processor, or using a hand blender, until smooth. To make the purÃ©e smoother, pass it through a sieve after blending
Chicken + vegetable filling
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons no-salt, no-sugar canned sweetcorn, drained
- 3 tablespoons natural yogurt
- 25 g/1 oz cooked chicken, finely chopped
- Steam or boil the carrot in a saucepan over a medium heat for 8 minutes until tender.
- Roughly chop the carrot, then transfer to a food processor or blender.
- Add the sweetcorn, yogurt and chicken with 1 tablespoon of boiled water and whiz to a coarse puree.
Recipes taken from Ella’s Kitchen: The First Foods Book. Click here to buy now.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
My 1st Beef Bolognese Recipe For 8 Months+
10 Baby Weaning Recipes
Annabel Karmel’s Top Tips on How to Successfully Wean Your Baby