Banana & Blueberry Raita (V) – 7 months plus
A delicious, naturally sweet, fresh fruit raita chock-full with amazing health benefits for your little one.
- SuperFoods included: banana, blueberries, yogurt
- SuperSpices included: ground ginger
Yogurt is calcium-rich and probiotic, necessary for a healthy gut and immune system. The potassium (found in bananas) works efficiently to aid calcium absorption, leading to strong teeth and bones for baby. The blueberries add an extra boost of vitamin C (for healthy immune system) and vitamin K (for healing cuts and grazes), and the ginger is wonderful for digestion.
Total preparation time: 3-4mins, makes 1 serving
- 1 banana – peeled, sliced
- Handful of blueberries – fresh, washed, halved
- 2-3 tbsp plain unsweetened yogurt
- Sprinkle of ground ginger
- Place the banana and blueberries in a bowl, spoon in the yogurt and sprinkle over the ginger.
- Mash the fruit with a spoon to create soft lumps for baby, and stir. The yogurt will change colour from white to a very subtle shade of purple courtesy of the blueberries. Serve to baby as a dessert, or a healthy between meals snack.
Recipe from Indian SuperMeals: Baby & Toddler Cookbook
Available to buy now from Waterstones.com and Autharium.com