Good morning! I hope you’re enjoying your weekend. This sweet sandwich with sliced banana, chopped pecans and golden syrup is perfect for a morning treat on a lazy Saturday. Dip into beaten egg, milk and cinnamon and fry both sides in a little butter until golden. I can guarantee it tastes even better with a side of yoghurt! Yum!
- 4 medium size bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 125g of pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 slices white or wholemeal bread
- 6 large eggs
- 200ml milk
- Natural or Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Gently mix together the bananas, pecan nuts, golden syrup and cinnamon. Divide between 4 pieces of bread, leaving a small gap along the edges. Top with the remaining bread to make 4 sandwiches. Press lightly to hold in place.
- Beat together the eggs and milk in a shallow bowl. Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture leaving to soak for a few moments each side.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over a medium and fry each sandwich for about 4 minutes until golden, turning halfway through. You will probably need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your frying pan.
- Cut each piece of French toast in half and serve with a spoonful of yoghurt and plenty of golden syrup drizzled over the top.