Serves six to eight
- 1 whole preroasted chicken
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 64 oz. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt ?pepper
- 1 c. wide egg noodles
- Parmesan cheese
- Remove all the meat from the chicken. If you prefer, you can start with an organic, uncooked chicken and roast it yourself — we like the shortcut.
- Add butter and olive oil to large stockpot.
- Add chopped vegetables and saute for 4 minutes. Optional: Add some celery leaves for flavor.
- Add chicken meat and bay leaf.
- Pour in chicken broth. Season to taste.
- Bring contents to a boil. Turn down and let simmer for at least an hour (the longer the better).
- When you are 15 minutes away from serving, add 1 cup wide egg noodles.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.