Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 pieces of beef fillet, about 200g (7oz) each
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- steamed new potatoes, to serve
For the Pesto
- 50g (13/4oz) toasted walnuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped mixed herbs (such as coriander, parsley and basil)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused
- olive oil
Heat a griddle pan or a heavy-based frying pan. Season the meat with salt and pepper, add it to the pan and cook over high heat for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
Meanwhile, make the pesto. Put all the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until combined but still textured.
Serve the cooked steaks with the sauce spooned on top, with steamed new potatoes alongside.
Taken from The Low FODMAP Recipe Book by Lucy Whigham, published by Aster £14.99