Now that the little people are back to school in earnest, lunch is a little bit of an anti-climax, not to mention quiet. I almost feel guilty sitting down and having 15 minutes time out. Lunch for me has to be indulgent, nutritious, weather appropriate and most importantly quick to prepare. This little number was concocted out of a game of lottery I played in the fridge! Happily it ticked all the above boxes. It’s perfect for a warm autumn day and has just the right balance to keep you going till tea.
Serves 1 lonely mummy!
- 2 medium sized cooked beetroot cut into quarters
- 2 handfuls of coriander shoots (specialist greengrocers supply them, failing that normal coriander is fine)
- 1 handful of almonds roughly chopped
- 50gms of smoked ricotta (I get mine from Olivino on Lower Belgrave st) or you can use a soft goats cheese
- A pinch of Maldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dressing : A good splash of olive oil and a good splash of pomegranate molasses
Put all the ingredients together, eat hungrily and feel virtuous!
Written by the wonderful Joanna Preston of Larder Saga. Check it out for other scrumptious ideas!