- 300g (10oz) blackberries
- 100g (3 1/2oz) caster sugar
- 2 lemons, zested, plus 1 juiced
- 1 x 250g light cream cheese
- 200g (7oz) light condensed milk
- 300ml (1/2pt) whipping cream
- 5 digestive biscuits, roughly crushed
- ice cream cones, to serve (optional)
- Put the blackberries in a small pan with the sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice and 50ml (2 1â„2f oz) water. Bring to the boil and simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes, or until the berries have broken down and are turning jam-like. Remove from the heat; set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and lemon zest; beat until smooth. Beat in the condensed milk and remaining lemon juice. In a separate bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks, then fold it into the cream cheese mixture, along with the biscuits.
- Transfer the cream mixture to a shallow, lidded container and gently stir through the blackberry mixture to create a marbled effect. Cover and freeze for 5 hours or overnight, until solid. To serve, scoop into ice cream bowls or cones, if you like.