With winter upon us, and COVID-19 cases rising, it’s important to do everything you can to boost your immune system to ensure you stay healthy. Neat Nutrition’s collection of plant-based supplements is designed to support a busy modern lifestyle, helping to manage stress, boost immunity and promote recovery.
Why is the immune system so important?
The immune system is your first line of defence against harmful substances or cell changes that could make you unwell. Your immune system is made up of various organs, cells and proteins, and to function at its best, there are key things to consider. Good nutrition is the cornerstone of health and wellbeing, as well as minimising stress and getting a good night’s sleep.
Possible causes of low immunity:
- Diets high in saturated or hydrogenated fat
- High sugary foods
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Poor gut flora
- Lack of fruit and vegetables
- Lack of essential fats such as fish
- Excessive alcohol, drugs or smoking
- Chemical pollutants
- Lack of sleep
Which supplements should I consider?
- A high-strength multivitamin and mineral complex.
- An antioxidant formula containing vitamin C and zinc.
- A Probiotic to populate the gut with friendly bacteria.
- A green food supplement to help boost immunity.
- The herb Echinachea supports the immune system.
- Fish oil is a key element for strong immunity.
- Extra Vitamin D: research has shown that vitamin D is just as important for immune fighting as vitamin C.
Immune Support Supplement, Neat Nutrition
Adding immune-supporting supplements to your daily routine can help you ward off the lurgy! Neat’s Immune Support is primed to bolster your immune system and keep you healthy.
Support your body during life’s daily challenges with Neat Nutrition’s targeted immunity supplement. Designed by experts to stimulate the immune system with a powerful blend of adaptogens, probiotics and immune-boosting vitamins to help guard your body against infection.
This vegan supplement is high in Zinc, Vitamin D3, Vitamin C and Elderberry. This natural, plant-based supplement is packed full of adaptogens and antiviral compounds with anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory properties to guard your body against infection and keep you feeling strong.
Focus + Energy Nootropic, Neat Nutrition
Goodbye, Brain Fog! Neat’s Focus + Energy is primed to keep you productive during the colder days ahead.
Neat Nutrition has worked with experts from BHMA and BANT to produce a plant-based supplement that helps the brain cope with our busy lives. This unique blend of mushrooms, adaptogens and vitamins work to stimulate neurotransmitters, improve cognitive brain function, regulate brain activity and energise the nervous system, resulting in improved memory, focus and attention.
Focus + Energy’s natural ingredients include Rhodiola Rosea, Cordyceps Sinensis and Ginkgo Biloba, all chosen for their proven brain boosting properties.
Sleep + Relax Nootropic, Neat Nutrition
Stress can have a huge impact on your immune system which can leave you open to infection. Switch off from a stressful day with Neat Nutrition’s calming sleep and relaxation supplement, Sleep + Relax.
Sleep + Relax contains a blend of adaptogens, amino acids and soothing botanicals to relax tense muscles and help promote the production of the sleep hormone melatonin, allowing your body to have restful night’s sleep.
This plant-based relaxation aide is made with Chamomile, 5-HTP and Ashwagandha leaves, blended with a natural serotonin aide. Its natural ingredients increase absorption, to help you feel rested and ready for another day.
Foods to eat to improve your immune system
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. Good sources include carrots, beetroot, sweet potatoes, tomatoes and broccoli plus watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries. Eat what you can raw, and lightly steam the rest.
- Ensure diet is high in quality protein such as chicken, quinoa, eggs, pulses, legumes or tofu. The body needs more protein when it is under attack.
- Eat essential fats in the form of oily fish such as salmon, trout and tuna. Try raw nuts and seeds as a snack too. These fats are essential for boosting immune function.
- Consume wholegrains in the diet such as brown rice, oats and buckwheat.
- Eat more freshly made soups. They are easy to digest and contain an abundance of nutrients.
- Try vegetable juices such as carrot, apple and ginger. These provide a powerhouse of vitamins A and C which are key for nourishing the immune system.
Foods to avoid to improve your immune system
- Sugar, refined carbohydrates such as white bread, biscuits, cakes, chocolate as sugar depresses the immune system.
- Reduce your intake of saturated fats such as red meat, full dairy produce including milk, cheese, ice cream etc. These also suppress the immune system.
- Reduce your intake of caffeine and alcohol which deplete immune-boosting nutrients and are a burden on immune function.
- Processed foods such as ready meals, luncheon meats and certain soups. These can contain high amounts of sugar and preservatives which can weaken immunity.
Neat was founded by two former GB swimmers, Lee and Charlie. Their mission is to develop plant-based products that target common health challenges. With over 1-million products sold so far, they have already garnered tons of awards and press. Celebrity fans include Olympic champion Rebecca Adlington and Millie Mackintosh.
NB: PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES TO YOUR DIET, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO ADDITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING.