- 4 peaches, halved and stoned
- 1 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- knob of butter
For the vanilla brioche:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100ml (3 1/2fl oz) semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 25g (1oz) caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
- 1 orange, zested
- 8 brioche slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the rum-spiked mascarpone:
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 150g (5oz) mascarpone
- Preheat the oven to gas 1/4, 110°C, fan 90°C. For the brioche, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla essence, sugar, cinnamon and orange zest ”¨in a bowl. Soak the brioche slices; remove.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan. Working in batches, fry half the brioche until golden on both sides. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining oil and brioche.
- Sprinkle the peach flesh with the caster sugar. Melt half the butter in a frying pan. Add the peaches, cut-side down, and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until golden. Turn over, add the remaining butter and cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, mix the rum, icing sugar and mascarpone in a bowl. Divide the brioche and peaches between plates. Serve with the rum-spiked mascarpone and an extra dusting of cinnamon.
Recipe from Tesco realfood