Christmas tree decorations aren’t half pricey, so why spend a fortune on baubles, tinsel and stars – let’s face it, they look tacky anyway – when you can make your own bespoke ones at home for half the price and a whole lot more fun to boot?
We’ve put together three alternative Christmas tree decorations you can make at home using some simple craft products and a little spice of creativity.
TOILET ROLL CREATURES
The kids will love making these. Here’s how you craft toilet roll creatures.
- Some toilet roll tubes
- Paint, felt or sandpaper
- Pipe cleaners
- Grab your scissors and cut the toilet roll tubes in half
- Cover each one with some paint, felt or sandpaper – think of using different colours to mix things up a bit
- Make your toilet roll come alive – grab some googly eyes or buttons and glue on some eyes
- Tack on some pipe cleaners or these striped stems to give the toilet roll some ears
- Jazz it up with some stickers or glitter
- Voila. From corner of the bathroom to pride of place on the Christmas tree in five minutes. Done.