Food / 27 November, 2017 / My Baba
Chicken & Lemon Tagine with Almonds, Sultanas & Couscous
- Brown Sultanas
- Garlic and basil green olives
- Spring greens
- Chicken stock pot
- Flaked almonds
- Fresh coriander
- Preserved lemon
- Skinless & boneless chicken thighs
- Black pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 240C/fan 220C/gas 9. Halve, peel and finely slice the onion. Halve the olives. Combine the stock pot and turmeric with 250ml of boiling water, stir to combine. Quarter the preserved lemon, remove the pith and finely slice.
- Scatter the onions, olives, 1/2 of the preserved lemon (use all of it if preserved lemon is your thing), almonds and sultanas onto a small-medium ovenproof dish.
- Nestle the chicken thighs over the top of everything. Then pour over the turmeric-infused stock and paint the tops of the chicken with a little oil. Season with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 20mins. Fill your kettle with water and boil.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a medium heatproof bowl, season with salt and pepper. Add 1tbsp of olive oil and pour over 250ml of boiling water. Cover with a plate and leave to sit for 5-6mins to soak up the liquid. Once cooked, fluff up using a fork.
- While the couscous is soaking, shred the spring greens crosswise into 2cm strips and place in a colander over a large saucepan. Pour over the remaining just boiled water, cover with a lid or a plate and then leave to steam for 3-5mins, until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roughly chop the coriander leaves and stalks. Serve the couscous onto plates, top with the spring greens then spoon the tagine over everything. Finish with the coriander.
Recipe by Marley Spoon