A fabulous healthy snack and perfect for packed lunches. Full of Meditterrean flavours these are rich and satisfying.
- Makes 7 muffins
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 225g self raising gluten free flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp salt
- 80g cheese or dairy free soya cheese, grated
- 40g or 5 drained, bottled sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 8 olives, pitted and chopped
- 4 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 75g butter or dairy-free spread melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp sun dried tomato paste
- 150ml milk or milk alternative
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases
- Place the flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt into a mixing bowl and stir thoroughly. Add the cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and basil leaves and mix well.
- Mix together the melted butter, eggs, tomato purÃ©e and milk.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and gently mix in. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and place on a cool rack. Delicious eaten hot or cold