- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 600ml (1pt) hot vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 200ml (7fl oz) red wine
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 75g (3oz) shredded curly kale
- 1/2 x 400g tin cannellini beans, drained
- 1 x 400g (13oz) pack gnocchi
- 15g (1/2oz) basil, chopped (reserving a few leaves to garnish)
- Parmesan shavings, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Stir through the vegetable stock, red wine, chopped tomatoes and oregano. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir through the kale and cannellini beans and simmer uncovered for a further 5 minutes. Stir through the gnocchi and chopped basil and cook for a further 2 minutes. Season to taste.
- Divide between 4 bowls and serve topped with shavings of Parmesan and the reserved basil leaves.
Recipe by Tesco Realfood