Colin McGurran’s cinnamon eggy bread is a wonderfully decadent breakfast. Please note: Thick bread will absorb the eggy mixture better.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 50ml of single cream
- 200ml of skimmed milk
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 6 slices of white bread, thick
- 90g of butter
- 240ml of fat free natural yoghurt
- 180g of raisins
- 4 tbsp of honey
- In a bowl whisk together the cream, milk, cinnamon and eggs.
- Dip each slice of bread into the mixture and then pile them up onto a plate.
- In a large frying pan, heat half of the butter until it foams and then fry two of the pieces of bread in the pan on both sides until they turn golden brown. This should take between 2-3 minutes.
- Rest on a plate and try to keep them warm whilst frying the remainder of the bread.
- With each slice of bread, cut into five soldiers and place next to some yoghurt sprinkled with raisins. Trickle over the honey and serve straight away.