This week, we’re learning how to make a cinnamon poached fig tart tatin.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25-30 minutes
- 75g apricot jam
- 50ml Crazy Jack Organic Agave Syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 250g pack Crazy Jack Organic Soft Figs
- 500g puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6. Base line a 22cm round cake tin with baking parchment.
- Place the jam in a medium saucepan with 3 tbsp water, agave syrup and cinnamon, add the figs and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to give a 24cm circle, place over the figs, tucking the edges of the pastry inside the tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Upturn onto a serving plate. Great served warm with vanilla ice cream or cream.
Try using ginger or mixed spice instead of cinnamon.
Recipe by Crazy Jack
For competitions and offers from our favourite brands, click here.