Cooking time: 35 minutes
Andy Waters’ coconut biscuit recipe is quick and easy to make. It is particularly fun for children who can help by rolling the dough and putting it on the baking tray. The biscuits make a great sweet snack.
- 150g of jumbo rolled oats
- 100g of plain flour
- 100g of light brown sugar
- 100g of desiccated coconut
- 100g of unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp of golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp of water, boiling
- Set the oven to 175°C/gas mark 4
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper
- Mix the coconut, oats, sugar and flour together in a large bowl, making sure they are thoroughly combined.
- Melt the golden syrup and butter in a pan over a low heat
- Dissolve the bicarbonate soda in a small bowl using 2 tbsp of boiling water. Once dissolved, combine it with the butter and golden syrup.
- Make a deep indent in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the golden syrup mixture into it. Mix it together thoroughly to form a dough.
- Divide the mixture into balls and put them on a baking tray, flattening them into cookies.
- Cook the biscuits in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until they are golden.
- Once they are ready, leave them on a wire rack to cool.