Food / 18 February, 2018 / My Baba
Crisp Tikka Fish with Crushed Minty Peas
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 600g garden peas
- 1 submarine roll, roughly torn
- 1 tbsp tikka masala curry paste
- 75g Greek-style yogurt, plus extra to serve
- 4 frozen pollock fillets, defrosted and patted dry
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- ¼ x 25g pack mint, leaves only, shredded
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Put the peas into a pan with 4 tbsp water. Set over a high heat, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until defrosted and tender. Meanwhile, in a processor, whizz the bread with 2 tsp curry paste to make even crumbs. Spread over a plate. On another plate, mix together the yogurt and remaining curry paste.
- Dust each fish fillet with flour, coat in the yogurt, then the crumbs. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan then cook for 2 minutes on each side, pressing the fish down occasionally with the fish slice as it fries.
- Add the mint and a squeeze of lemon to the peas, mash to make a chunky purée, then season. Serve with the fish, a spoonful of yogurt and more lemon for squeezing.
Wrap the remaining mint in damp kitchen paper, pop into a freezer bag and place in the fridge. It will help it keep for longer.
Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose.com