Food / 22 February, 2017 / Daylesford Organic
Delicious Chocolate Macarons To Make At Home
For the Macaron:
- 190g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 90g ground almonds
- 2 large egg whites
- 50g caster sugar
For the filling:
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 100ml double cream
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Sieve the icing sugar and cocoa into a large bowl and mix in the ground almonds.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peaks in an electric mixer. Sprinkle over the caster sugar and beat again until you have a firm meringue.
- Carefully fold the meringue into the dry ingredients, mixing well to evenly combine all of the ingredients. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment and pipe 24 blobs onto the surface, evenly spacing and leaving a little space in between each. The blobs should be 4cm in diameter. Tap the tray on a work surface to even them out and leave to dry out for 45 minutes or until they have formed a skin on the surface.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. When ready they should feel firm and easily peel away from the baking parchment. If not, return them to the oven for a few more minutes. Allow to cool on the paper, then gently peel off.
- To make the filling, tip the chocolate into a glass bowl with the honey. Heat the double cream in a small saucepan and as soon as it comes to the boil, remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate. Stir well to melt the chocolate and to form a smooth, glossy ganache.
- Using either a piping bag or small teaspoon, sandwich the macaron halves together with the ganache.
See the full recipe here