Food / 10 February, 2017 / Daylesford Organic
Scrumptious Salted Almond Butter Truffles to Bake for Valentine’s Day
- 200g pitted dates
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Almond butter
- 50g raw cacao butter
- 12g cocoa powder
- 1.5 tbsps runny honey
- Toasted finely chopped almonds
- Bee pollen
- Goji berrries
- Line a small baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Put the pitted dates, salt and vanilla extract into a food processor and blitz to form a thick ball of dough. Pull away around a teaspoonful of the date mixture and roll it together in your hands to resemble something just smaller than a ping-pong ball. Place on the lined baking tray and using your thumb, press into the centre of the ball to make a well. Repeat with the remaining date mixture.
- Gently dollop around ½ a teaspoon of almond butter into each of the wells and place the tray into the freezer.
- Melt the raw cacao butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Whisk in the remaining ingredients, transfer to a small bowl and set aside to cool at room temperature.
- Remove the tray of truffles from the freezer. To coat with chocolate, skewer each truffle with a toothpick and dip into the raw chocolate until completely covered. Return to the baking tray and repeat until all of your truffles are covered. If the raw chocolate mixture starts to solidify, simply warm it over the heat to bring it back to a liquid texture.
- Repeat the coating process again but before the chocolate sets, sprinkle on your topping of choice. When all of your truffles are decorated, store in the fridge to enjoy after dinner or on a special occasion.
See the full recipe here