Servings: 12 slices
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
- 1 Tear & Share Brioche
For the sauce
- 100g dark chocolate
- 30g butter
- 30g caster sugar
- 50ml double cream
- 2 tbsps cherry liqueur (Kirsch or Brandy)
For the filling
- 250ml double cream or whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tin or jar pitted black cherries, drained
- 3 tbsps cherry jam
- 1 tsp cherry liqueur
To decorate (optional)
Cocoa powder or chocolate shavings
A handful of fresh or frozen cherries, whole
- For the sauce, melt the dark chocolate with the butter, caster sugar and double cream gently in a heat proof bowl – either in a microwave or over a pan of simmering water. Be careful not to burn the chocolate. Then stir in the cherry liqueur and leave to cool until it is a thick and spreadable consistency.
- For the filling, whisk the double or whipping cream and sugar into stiff peaks in a separate bowl.
- In a third bowl, mix the drained cherries, cherry jam and cherry liqueur.
- Carefully slice the St Pierre Tear & Share Brioche in half lengthways.
- Spread the bottom layer with the dark chocolate sauce mixture, then add the whipped cream and then the cherry mixture.
- Carefully place the top of the sliced St Pierre Tear & Share Brioche on top and then decorate with your chosen toppings such as a dusting of cocoa powder, chocolate shavings or fresh or frozen whole cherries.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Recipe from St Pierre.
For competitions and offers from our favourite brands, click here.