There probably is no such thing, but just occasionally one comes across a pudding that is so easy and simple to make I want to shout about it. Nothing could be simpler than lemon posset. It literally takes minutes to make, uses three ingredients, there is only one pan to wash up and it’s delicious. What’s not to like?
Bedecked with hedgerow blackberries it’s hard to beat at this time of year. It’s a keeper, a real treasure to have in one’s cooking repertoire!
Lemon Posset with Blackberries
Makes 8-10 shot glasses
- 600ml of double cream
- 140 g of golden caster sugar
- 2 organic lemons, juiced and zested
1. Pop the cream and sugar in a pan and very gently bring up to the boil. Simmer gently for 3 minutes.
2. Take it off the heat and add the lemon juice and zest – whisking all the time.
3. Pour into shot glasses or whatever receptacle you want it to set in. Leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours before topping with your berry of choice and serving.
Serve with vanilla shortbread or just simply with berries.
Written by the wonderful Joanna Preston of Larder Saga. Check it out for other scrumptious ideas!