I might go as far as to say this is the world’s best porridge. It’s just so insanely rich and creamy, yet so nourishing and health enhancing! It’s such a speedy breakfast too and will keep you energised and buzzing for hours thanks to all the incredible metabolism boosting fats, plant protein and fibre. It tastes unbelievably good just on its own as the banana gives a wonderful sweetness, the almond butter adds a nutty touch and the coconut adds a tropical blend, but the toppings are pretty fun too – I love my toppings!
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 a cup of oats
- 4 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 banana
My favourite toppings:
- fresh blueberries
- bee pollen and raw honey
- crushed nuts or seeds
- raisins and goji berries
- cacao nibs
- Simply add the oats, water, coconut milk and slices of banana to a saucepan and allow it to heat for about ten minutes, until the liquid has all been absorbed.
- Then stir in the almond butter and coconut oil and let them dissolve into mix.
- Once it’s all nicely mixed pour it into a bowl, add all your favourite toppings and then it’s ready to enjoy!
For more amazing recipes, visit Deliciously Ella.