No one does Easter quite like Daylesford and they have some brilliant things to do with the kids. I love the look of these edible marbled eggs. Why not check out my blog for on Healthy Easter Treats for more ideas.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, shells cracked all over using the back of a teaspoon
- apple cider vinegar
- red: 6 beetroots, chopped
- green: large bag of spinach
- yellow: 1 tbsp dried turmeric
- golden brown: 1 cup dill seeds
- blue: 1/2 red cabbage, shredded
We’d recommend wearing an apron for this. Choose the ingredient you’d like to use to dye your eggs from the list above, and bring to the boil in a saucepan of water. Reduce to a simmer, for about 10 minutes. The colour deepens if you choose to simmer for longer.
Strain your vegetable dye into a glass measuring cup. Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar per 1 cup of liquid and cool. Add your cracked hard boiled eggs, and leave overnight in the fridge. Put your eggs into an egg carton to dry. Peel carefully and serve whole or halved in spring salads, or as a beautiful Easter breakfast on slices of buttered sourdough toast.