Carrots are the perfect source of beta-carotene, which is so important for your healthy pregnancy diet. The fresh ginger will also help to combat pregnancy nausea!
- 4 large carrots coarsely grated
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 tsp freshly grated root ginger
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil (rapeseed oil and peanut oil also work)
- 6 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- Chives to garnish
1. Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan until golden brown.
2. Mix the carrots, spring onions, sesame seeds and grated ginger in a bowl.
3. Make the dressing by combining the oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce and sugar and stirring thoroughly.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients, mix well and serve.
5. Garnish with a few chopped chives