With the bountiful supply of blackberries we have had this autumn these muffins are a great way to use them up.
- 85g unsalted butter
- 200g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 100g golden caster sugar
- a pinch of flaked sea salt
- 200ml of buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- Zest of a lemon
- A knob of stem ginger, grated finely
- 200g blackberries
Makes 12 large muffins.
- Set the oven to 200c
- Melt the butter, then set is aside to cool
- Pop all the dry ingredients into a large, roomy bowl. In another bowl beat the buttermilk, egg and melted butter together. Pour the buttermilk mix onto the dry ingredients and gently mix to combine using a large, metal spoon. Now fold in the blackberries, the grated stem ginger with a tablespoon of the syrup and the lemon zest
- Line a 12-bun muffin tray with paper cases – I use medium sized paper cases, and put about a tablespoon of the mixture into each case
- Pop the muffin tray into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes until the batter has slightly risen and are golden brown
- Let the cakes cool on a wire rack
Delicious eaten while still slightly warm and gooey!
By Fleur & The Food Stork Team
Delivering Fresh Food Gifts to New Mums