Food / 22 April, 2020 / My Baba
Garlicky Prawns With Mini Roast Potatoes & Walnut Parsley Pesto
- 500g potatoes, peeled and chopped into 3cm dice
- olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 40g Parmesan, grated
- 3 tbsp walnuts, crushed
- 1 red onion, 1cm dice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 250g raw king or tiger prawns
- 40g rocket leaves
- salt and black pepper
One of the wizards behind the HelloFresh curtain is Ellie, who sends customer recommendations to the chefs for future creations. In moments of culinary abandon she’ll also allow a wild card recipe where we can pair together whatever we want. For Mimi this was another chance to put her favourite food front and centre: The Roast Potato. She even claims it’s the best roast potato in this book. We’ll let you be the judge of that.
- Preheat your oven to 220°/Gas Mark 7. Put a large saucepan of water with 1 tsp salt over a high heat and bring to the boil. Peel the potatoes, chop into 3cm dice, and add to your pan of boiling water. Boil the potatoes for 5 mins, then drain in a colander. Meanwhile, pour 1½ tbsp olive oil onto a baking tray and put it on the top shelf of your oven. This helps make your potatoes super crispy.
- Give the potatoes a good shake in your colander to fluff up their edges and create a greater surface area for crisping. Gently tip the potatoes onto your hot baking tray – be careful not to burn yourself. Spread out in an even layer and season with ¼ tsp salt. Roast on the top shelf of your oven until crisp and golden, around 25 mins. Turn halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, prep the parsley and Parmesan. Pop the walnuts in a freezer bag and whack them with a wooden spoon to break them up into pieces. Put the chopped parsley, walnuts and Parmesan in a bowl and add 5 tbsp olive oil (use 7 tbsp if you are making it for four people, rather than the usual technique of doubling ingredients). Season with ¼ tsp salt and a few grinds of black pepper, mix well and set aside.
- Prep the onion and garlic and cut the cherry tomatoes in half lengthways. Heat 1½ tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the onion. Cook until soft and slightly brown, 10 mins. If the onion is browning too much, just turn the heat down a little.
- When the onion is cooked, add the tomatoes, garlic and prawns. Season with ¼ tsp salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Cook for 4–5 mins, or until the tomatoes are slightly soft and the prawns are cooked (pink on the outside and opaque all the way through). Once cooked, remove the pan from the heat.
- Divide the mini roast potatoes between plates. Put a handful of rocket on top and a generous portion of prawns on top of that. Finish by drizzling over the walnutty pesto to serve.
Recipe by HelloFresh: Recipes That Work by Patrick Drake is published by Mitchell Beazley