With just four weeks left until our second baby arrives and our household being plagued with one illness after another, something had to give. That something has turned out to be the overall cleanliness of the household. Eek! Don’t get me wrong, I’m across the basics, but when it comes to the deep-clean, I decided I needed to do a little research into the tips, tricks and services out there to get maximum results with less time and energy spent actually cleaning.
Here’s what I found:
Kitchen specific tips
- Keep white sinks white with a mixture of vinegar, water and baking soda. Shake it up in a bottle, spray it on, wait a few minutes, and your sink will be magically whiter. Wipe down
- Use table salt to help clean up oil, grease, or wine splatters
- Remove rust spots from knives with lemon juice (you can also use lemons to clean your cutting boards)
- Disinfect your sponges by running them through the dishwasher
- Pour vinegar into your dishwater’s detergent pocket and rinse. Your dishwasher (and dishes) will sparkle
- Mesh sacks that oranges, potatoes and onions come in are great for scrubbing. In addition to a soft cloth consider having this to wipe down counters and floors to get stuck things
- Use a few drops of water, cream of tartar and a sponge to get your stainless steel looking new
- Rub taps with waxed paper to prevent water spots and finger prints
- Put a 4-cup capacity microwave-safe bowl filled with chopped citrus and 1 cup of water. Since microwave wattage varies, cook until the water boils. CAUTION: To prevent being scalded, let the water cool for at least 15 minutes before opening the door to wipe out the microwave. Squeeze out the sponge
Wider household cleaning tips:
- Use a lint roller to dust vertical surfaces like lampshades and roman blinds
- Get rid of watermarks on your bathroom taps with baby oil
- Check your vacuum brush roll for tangles hairs and dust balls to optimise your vacuum’s suction
- Toothpicks and toothbrushes can be useful for getting into tricky to clean crevices and cracks, like around the drain in your bathroom sink
Book a professional clean
If time really isn’t of the essence, then perhaps it’s time you thought about booking a professional cleaner. I can personally recommend Fantastic Services to do the job properly. The great thing about this company besides the fact that they’re über thorough, is their flexibility. Book in for regular visits or a one-off clean at times to fit around your busy schedules.
What’s more, Fantastic Services aren’t just on hand to help with the cleaning, they have qualified builders, gardeners and tradesmen on their books as well as offering removal and waste removal services. It’s your one-stop shop for pretty much all of those jobs you’ve been putting off.
Enjoy £10 off your first service with discount code MyBaba.
With 15,000 clients every month, 1,500 experts on their books offering 40,000+ services every month, Fantastic Services have got it licked. The professionals at Fantastic Services use high-grade equipment often inaccessible to everyday households, going that extra mile to get your house sparkling.
- Book your one-off clean: https://www.
- Twitter: @Fantastic
- Instagram: @FantasticServices
- Facebook: @FantasticServicesUK