Living / 26 January, 2022 / Ellie Thompson
19 Easy Cleaning Hacks You Need To Try At Home
We’re all across the basics when it comes to dusting and vacuuming, but if you’re after some nifty cleaning tips that will save you time and money, you’ve come to the right place. When it comes to the deep-clean, I’m the first to admit I could do with a little help. Juggling full-time work and kids means there’s little to no time to really scrub the place. I decided to do a little research into the tips, tricks and services out there to get maximum results with less time and energy spent actually cleaning. Sounds good right? Here’s what I found: cleaning hacks you’ll want to bookmark!
Kitchen specific tips
- Keep white sinks white with a mixture of vinegar, water and baking soda. Shake it up in a bottle, spray it on, wait a few minutes, and your sink will be magically whiter. Wipe down
- Use table salt to help clean up oil, grease, or wine splatters
- Remove rust spots from knives with lemon juice (you can also use lemons to clean your cutting boards)
- Disinfect your sponges by running them through the dishwasher
- Pour vinegar into your dishwater’s detergent pocket and rinse. Your dishwasher (and dishes) will sparkle
- Mesh sacks that oranges, potatoes and onions come in are great for scrubbing. In addition to a soft cloth consider having this to wipe down counters and floors to get stuck things
- Use a few drops of water, cream of tartar and a sponge to get your stainless steel looking new
- Rub taps with waxed paper to prevent water spots and fingerprints
- Put a 4-cup capacity microwave-safe bowl filled with chopped citrus and 1 cup of water. Since microwave wattage varies, cook until the water boils. CAUTION: To prevent being scalded, let the water cool for at least 15 minutes before opening the door to wipe out the microwave. Squeeze out the sponge
- Cleaning glass bottles of limescale? Fill 3/4 of the bottle with hot water, add pour vinegar and let sit for an hour. Rinse well and wait for the sparkle!
- Steam clean your microwave! Pop a bowl of water in there for five minutes and let the steam loosen any muck and mess for you to effortlessly wipe away!
- Vinegar and baking soda combined is hands down the best way to clean your washing machine. Add 1–2 teaspoons of water to 3 tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda to form a thick paste, and add this to the detergent drawer. Tip 250ml of white vinegar into the drum and pop your washing machine (free from clothes!) on a hot wash. Grime is broken down and smells are neutralised.
Wider household cleaning tips:
- Use a lint roller to dust vertical surfaces like lampshades and roman blinds
- Get rid of watermarks on your bathroom taps with baby oil
- Check your vacuum brush roll for tangles hairs and dust balls to optimise your vacuum’s suction. Always cut hair and threads – never pull! Check the entrance to the dust cylinder or dust bag for any debris, replace bag and filter.
- Toothpicks and toothbrushes can be useful for getting into tricky to clean crevices and cracks, like around the drain in your bathroom sink
- Smeary, watermarked shower doors? Cut a lemon in half, dip it in salt, and scrub the grime away.
- Dirty marks in the bathtime? Cut a grapefruit in half, add salt and scrub to get rid of any unsightly residue.
Book a professional clean
If time really isn’t of the essence, then perhaps it’s time you thought about booking a professional cleaner. When it comes to domestic cleaning on demand, Wecasa has got your back. For house cleaning, and ironing on a regular basis, or a one-off clean, they’ll fit around your busy schedule.
What’s more, Wecasa isn’t just on hand to help with the cleaning, they provide at-home beauty, waxing, massage, and cleaning services on-demand, all over London. Wecasa strives to help streamline life’s daily tasks, make health and wellness services more accessible, and allow self-care time to fit seamlessly into any schedule.
To book your one-off domestic clean or set up a regular time today visit: https://www.wecasa.co.uk/domestic-cleaning/booking
Essential Products For A New Mama
Best Online Exercises Classes (Plus Prenatal Options) To Get Fit This Year
Sponsored content in collaboration with Wecasa