You’ll get a good yield of scrumptious biscuits from this dough. If freezes well so if you want to make less divide the dough and freeze one half for a later date. We’ve decorated simply with a dusting of icing sugar but if you feel like getting creative you can really go to town with your icing bag.
Makes about 50 small biscuits, depending on cutter size Prep 20 mins, plus chilling Cook 8 mins
- 100g virgin Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 85g virgin coconut sugar
- 100g rich & dark agave nectar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 350g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- icing sugar for dusting
- Beat the coconut oil, coconut sugar, agave, vanilla and egg together in a bowl with electric beaters for 4 mins, until thickened and pale. Add the flour, bicarb and spices, and beat until just combined. Cover and chill for 30 mins, or until firm.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Shape the dough into two discs, and return one to the fridge. Place a large sheet of baking parchment on your work surface and dust with flour, top with a disc of dough and dust that with flour too. Cover with another sheet of parchment and roll out the dough to the thickness of a £1 coin. Using your choice of cutters cut out the biscuits, re-rolling any leftover dough.
- Transfer to parchment lined trays and bake in batches for 8 mins, until golden brown – if you like them extra crunchy bake for 10 mins. Cool on a wire rack and repeat with the remaining dough. Once cool dust with icing sugar before serving, or enjoy as they are.
To view the full collection of recipes visit The Groovy Food Company