I absolutely love reading Gwyneth Paltrow’s blog Goop and I’m a huge fan of her cooking. She’s kicking off the year with ‘The Annual Goop Detox’ which has a great 7 day menu planner.
Hot on my list for tonight is this delicious looking Buckwheat Soba Noodle Salad:
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced (about 1 ¼ cup total)
- 1 4-inch piece of ginger, peeled and very finely minced (a microplane works great here)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons wheat free tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup neutral oil (such as grapeseed)
- 1 large pinch coconut sugar
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 3 small or 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into julienne
- 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into julienne
- 1 large bok choy, cleaned and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
1. For the ginger scallion sauce, combine all ingredients and let sit while you prepare the salad.
2. Cook soba noodles according to package instructions, drain, and rinse with cold water.
3. Toss noodles with half the scallion sauce and half the cilantro, cucumber, carrot, and bok choy.