Serving Size: Makes 10-12 Muffins
- 2 cups spelt flour (you can substitute gluten free, all purpose flour if you don’t consume gluten)
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 ¼ cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 heaping cup berries, tossed in 2 tablespoons additional GF all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons shelled hemp seeds
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- 3. Whisk together the almond milk and vinegar till frothy. Stir in the coconut oil and applesauce. Mix this wet mixture into the dry ingredients till everything is combined, but still a bit clumpy and not overly smooth.
- 4. Fold in the berries and top each muffin with a half tablespoon of hemp seeds. Spoon mixture into 10-12 muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown on top.