Prep time: 10 Minutes
Yield: 20-30 Salted Caramels
- 10 Soft (Fresh and Pitted) Medjool Dates
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Natural Pure Almond Butter
- 10 Drops Liquid Stevia
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth stopping to scrape down the sides (keep blending and scraping until the mixture is smooth and dough-like).
- Line a bowl with saran wrap and scrape caramel dough into it.
- Place in the freezer or refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- On your counter line your work area with parchment paper or saran wrap.
- Remove caramel dough from the refrigerator and using the saran wrap that already encasing the dough place on the counter and begin to smooth mixture into a rectangle as thick as you would like your caramels.
- Remove from saran wrap, place on your work space (lined with parchment) and using a sharp knife cut into 1 inch caramel bites.
- You can place the cut caramels into a parchment lined container or individually wrap them in wax paper to store.
- Sprinkle caramels with salt if you desire.
- Keep caramels in the freezer or refrigerator until ready to enjoy as there are no preservatives in this recipe.