Today I wanted to share with you this lovely recipe using delicious plant based ingredients. No processed sugar, dairy or gluten involved… 100% delicious though, and nutritious…
This is a great snack for after yoga/ workout, or simply as a treat with a cup of tea! The beauty of raw food treats is that it usually is very easy and quick to prepare. Deliciously fudgy, and chocolaty, a little goes a long way so enjoy it and try to keep some for later…
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 8 dates (if you use medjol dates, use only 4)
- 1 Tbsp water- only if the mixture is too dry- (it depends on the dates you use!)
- 2 Tbsp Almond butter
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder – or carob powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- Place the almond and coconut in a food processor equipped with the S blade. Pulse until the mixture becomes like flour.
- Now add the dates, almond butter, cacao, salt and water if needed. Pulse until the mixture comes together and gets sticky.
- Press the mixture onto a cutting board and form a rectangle. Slice into bite size pieces with a sharp knife. Eat now and if you can resist keep some in a container in the fridge! It will keep about 5 days.