Vegan Banana Oat Muffins (gluten free, higher protein option)
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats, ground or processed in a food processor till they turn into oat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (unground)
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 scoops vanilla protein powder (rice or pea or a blend of rice, pea and/or hemp)
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- 2. Place the bananas, almond milk, apple sauce, vanilla and coconut oil into a blender and blend well.
- 3. Mix wet ingredients into dry till just incorporated. Fold in raisins (or any other dried fruit). Pour dough into lined muffin cups (I got 10, Running on Veggies got 8).
- 4. Bake muffins for 18 or so minutes, or until lightly golden. Serve.
Almond butter, not surprisingly, makes a really nice topper.
Obviously, the protein powder can be left out. In its place, you can use maca, as per the original recipe, or nothing at all. No matter what, these muffins make for perfect snack food or breakfast. I immediately enjoyed two of mine with a green smoothie. And Sunday morning was complete.