- 1 head of raw cauliflower
- 2 handfuls mixed parsley and basil
- 70 g / 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- a drizzle cold-pressed olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- 200 g / 7 oz / 2 cups frozen (thawed) or fresh peas
- 100 g / 4 oz / 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- sprouts or micro greens to garnish (we have used purple Shiso leaves here)
Bring a saucepan with water to boil.
Meanwhile coarsely chop the cauliflower and place the florets and stem in a food processor or blender and process until fine couscous- or rice-like texture. Do it in batches if you have a small food processor.
Pour the cauliflower into the boiling water, lower the heat to simmer and cook for about 3 minutes.
Meanwhile finely chop the herbs, toast the pumpkin seeds in a skillet on low-medium heat until golden.
Drain the cauliflower ‘couscous’ in a sieve and place in a large serving bowl. Add herbs, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and combine everything. Add peas, pumpkin seeds, crumbled feta cheese and toss until mixed. Garnish with sprouts or micro greens.
Serve warm or chilled. Keeps for a couple of days in the fridge.