- 8 small apples
- 8 craft sticks (flat wooden sticks with round ends)
- 2 1/2 cups white candy melts or coating wafers (14 oz), chopped
- Black paste icing colour (not liquid food colour)
- Wash and dry apples; remove stem and blossom ends. Insert wooden stick into stem end of each apple.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave candy melts uncovered on High 45 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth.
- Dip each apple in melted coating, turning and spreading to coat. Let stand on waxed paper until firm. With fork, drizzle remaining melted coating (reheat if necessary) across coated apples in zigzag fashion to look like mummies. With black paste icing, pipe eyes on each apple. Let stand until set.
- 2 green apples, each quartered
- sunflower butter
- 32 sunflower seeds
- 2-3 strawberries, sliced
- 1-2 homemade googly eyes per apple bite
- Cut the middles out of each quarter of the apple to create a mouth. Don’t worry about perfection, you are filling this gap with sunbutter anyway so if you cut too deep, you can always just cover it up and no one will know.
- Coat the inside of the cut gap with a filling of sunflower butter.
- Place 4 sunflower seeds on the top of the “mouth” for the teeth.
- Place 1 sliced strawberry inside the mouth for the tongue.
- “Glue” each eye above the mouth with a dab of sunbutter to stick.
- Serve with a smile.
- 12 Slices of Cheese
- 12 Pretzel sticks
- 12 Fresh Chive
- Hold each cheese slice and cut the fringes of the broom using a pair of scissors.
- Roll the slice of cheese around a snack stick having the fringes looking down.
- Finally to keep the cheese around the stick, use some chive and knot it around.
- Bendy straws
- Elastic band
- Prepare the Jello, but don’t put it in the fridge.
- Get a bunch of straws (bendy kind are the best, since the bendable part gives it the appearance of a worm) secure them together with an elastic, and put into a cup
- After the Jello has stopped steaming, pour into the straws (Don’t worry about spillage into the cup)
- Put into the fridge until solid
- Eat some worms!
- 1 (16 oz) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating
- 24 Fresh strawberries
- Mini chocolate chips
- Melt Candiquik in tray according to directions on package.
- Place a large piece of wax or parchment paper on a flat surface.
- Dip strawberries in melted Candiquik Coating, remove and allow the excess coating to pour off onto the wax paper to form the “tail” of the ghost; slide the strawberry back and set on wax paper to dry.
- Before coating has set, place two mini chocolate chips on as the eyes. For the mouth, cut off the tip of a mini chocolate chip and place on the strawberry with the bottom side facing up.
- Refrigerated pizza dough
- Black olives
- Olive oil
- Poppy seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Dried chiles
- Unroll 1 (13.8-oz.) tube refrigerated pizza dough; cut into 12 strips on the long side and roll each into 12-inch ropes, tapering one end (to create the tail) and flattening the other end (to create the head).
- Wrap each rope in a spiral around a greased 10 ½-inch chopstick. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle body with poppy seeds and tails with sesame seeds. Cut black olives into small triangles and place on the head of each snake to make the eyes.
- Bake on two parchment paper-lined baking sheets at 350°F until golden brown, 15 to 18 mins.
- Cool 3 mins. before carefully removing chopsticks. While still warm, use a toothpick to carefully thread dried chiles (cut into tongues) into the tip of the flat end of each snake to make the tongue. Serve with store-bought tomato soup.
- 3 large apples (at least one granny smith)
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 large lemons, juiced
- 1 cup of grapefruit chunks
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup pistachios
- 1 Tbsp craisins
- 2 Tbsp golden raisins
- Using a serrated knife, cut out a top and then scoop the insides out.
- With a small pairing knife, carve out a jack-o-lantern face.
- 4tbsp margarine, melted
- 12 oz. miniature marshmallows
- Orange food colouring
- 6 cups of Rice Krispie cereal
- Green Mike & Ike candy
- Melt the margarine in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add the marshmallows, and microwave again until soft.
- Add a few drops of food colouring.
- Stir in the cereal, mix well.
- Shape the mixture into small handful-sized balls.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place a candy piece on top of each ball for the “stem.”