Makes 10 large or 20 small
- ¼ cup (40g) brown rice flour
- ¼ cup (35g) quinoa flour
- 1 cup (95g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (45g) coconut, desiccated
- Pinch of fine Himalayan rock salt
- 80g coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon (90ml) rice malt syrup
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) vanilla (I prefer vanilla paste over extract)
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 160ËšC and line a baking tray with non stick baking paper.
- Combine the brown rice flour, quinoa flour, oats, coconut and salt in a mixing bowl, and make a well in the centre.
- In a small pot, gently melt the rice malt syrup, coconut butter and coconut oil over a low heat.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and vanilla.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the 2 tablespoons of hot water then add to the wet mixture, stirring to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix till well combined.
- Use 2 tablespoons of mixture if making large biscuits, or 1 tablespoon for smaller ones, roll into a ball then pat flat into a circle on the baking tray. Leave a gap between biscuits as they expand a little while cooking.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden, then remove to a wire rack to cool. Be careful with the larger size biscuits when you transfer them straight from the oven, so they don’t break or crack. Store in an airtight container.